The Articles of Incorporation of the Minneapolis Area Association of REALTORS® Foundation, Inc. state that the proceeds from the capital fund must be given to housing and housing related programs directed to or organized for the low-income or the poor who are living in the counties in the State of Minnesota within the jurisdiction of the Minneapolis Area Association of REALTORS®. The Association's jurisdiction includes Hennepin, Scott, Carver, Sibley and McLeod Counties. The Foundation Committee has developed the following policies relating to requests for a financial grant.
1. Grants are restricted to private nonprofit organizations for purposes defined under section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service Code.
2. To make a grant request, use the Minnesota Common Grant Application Form (http://www.mcf.org/mcf/grant/applicat.htm) and include a cover letter or brochure explaining the work of your organization, W9 form, and be certain to specify that the grant requested is to be used within one of the Association's jurisdictional counties.
3. Include details about the specific project and state the specific amount requested. The Foundation will not approve grants requested for general budget or administrative costs. Foundation grants generally range from $1,000 to $5,000.
4. May 8, 2018 is the deadline for the Foundation to receive grant requests. The committee meets in the month of May and submits its recommendations to the Board of Directors for its May or June meeting. The grants are presented during the month of August.
5. To validate each request, the Foundation Committee submits the name of each organization to the Charities Review Council of Minnesota
Minnesota Common Grant Application Form
The Minnesota Common Grant Application Form is designed to help make the grantseeking process simpler and more efficient for nonprofits. The form can help reduce the amount of time grantseekers must spend rearranging basic information from one proposal to the next to fit grantmakers' varying application requirements. The form was developed based on input from MCF members and representatives from the state's nonprofit community.
For questions concerning our policies and application procedures, contact Donnie Brown at 952- 988-3133 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org